Monday 27 July 2015

The Start...


I thought I should create one central source for information and pictures as this situation is impacting 2 residential beach communities. Both McRae Beach Association and Islandview Beach Association have concerns and are trying to rectify it.

It was mid August 2013 when I first noticed a problem with Bernie' Creek. Driving over one of the bridges early one morning I noticed the condition of the creek. Water had the consistency of a slushy as it was saturated with liquid mud. In all my years here I have never seen these conditions so immediately stopped and took some pictures which are shown below. Once I got to the city I called the proper authorities and issued a concern. My understanding is the authority did come out and pay a visit to the parties who created  this issue. To this day I have no reply on that complaint. 
Later the same year I brought the issue up with the Town of Georgina and it was suggested I talk to Fisheries. The creek is a fish habitat and they should be notified about possible ramifications. Well I did contact and was told they would investigate. Nope no feedback yet.
What amazes me is the lack of concern for the lake, the wildlife, the people who live on this creek and the lakefront home owners.
One of 2 areas allowing drainage into creek

Size of culverts put in
This picture was taken facing east from bridge as mentioned above at 7am
This picture was taken facing east from bridge as mentioned above at 7am
This picture was taken facing west from bridge as mentioned above at 7am
Arrived back home at 3pm and mud line clearly visible out into lake

This is facing NW and note mud line flowing out and east with prevailing winds




No comments:

Post a Comment